IT Outsourcing to Bulgaria: Destination with Amazing Perspectives
Software development outsourcing to Bulgaria describes an arrangement, in which an organization chooses to hire an external software development agency to effectively carry out all the tasks of a software development project that could be done in-house instead.
Bulgaria is a prospective destination for your investments for a few solid reasons. According to research from Clutch, there are over 2500 IT outsourcing companies in Eastern Europe and Bulgaria counts 400 outsourcing companies providing high-quality service and fast growing R&D and software development destinations in the region. The market size, measured by revenue, of the Software Development in Bulgaria industry is €832.9 million in 2022. This article will provide you an overview of pros and cons about Bulgaria IT outsourcing, its biggest IT hubs and review about the average software developer salary. Let’s get started!
Offshore Software Development in Bulgaria
Bulgaria is famous for its power in the IT field. There are around 400 IT companies, which is impressive in a country with 7 million people. In addition, if you decide to start cooperating with Bulgarian outsourcing companies you will be sure that you will find professionals with the right skillset since the country is ranked 8th in the world regarding the professionalism of programmers. IT outsourcing Bulgaria is a process that can bring to your business software developers who will fit your requirements at affordable prices. Moreover, finding and hiring such employees will cost you much cheaper than if you were looking for them in the United States or most other European countries. Any investment will pay off as ROI will be much higher than the cost of software outsourcing to Bulgaria. And finally, the government of the country welcomes such schemes of work as it is constantly working to improve the economy and promotes investment in the IT sector both internally and externally. Also, the market size of the software development in Bulgaria industry has declined 0.8% per year on average between 2017 and 2022.
IT outsourcing to Bulgaria offers a high-quality service for their clients and considering the issues of the development of successful strategic partnerships in outsourcing practices.
IT Outsourcing to Bulgaria Pros and Cons
Of course every destination will have its advantages and disadvantages. We have provided the strong and weak sides of software outsourcing Bulgaria, so it will be much easier for you to analyze all pros and cons and make a decision about the opportunity to hire a team there.
- Strong Government Support
The Bulgarian government aims to improve the country’s business environment by offering a range of incentives for foreign investors. The country currently has one of the lowest personal income tax rates in the European Union, and it provides fiscal citizenship to foreign nationals working in Bulgaria. As a result, IT outsourcing to Bulgaria has improved the country’s score in many rankings. Among other notable achievements are 17 on the Global Services Location Index in the 2021 A.T. Kearney ranking and an improved Ease of Doing Business score. .
- Competitive Technical Education
More than 5,000 students graduate with technical degrees every year. There are over 38 academic institutions across Bulgaria. For the last five years, more than 10,800 Bulgarian students graduated in computer science, software development, mathematics, and statistics. In addition, specially developed academies such as Telerik and SoftUni support future developers’ fast-tracked but quality education in full-stack, back-end, front-end, and quality testing tracks. Furthermore, in 2022 AIBEST worked in collaboration with Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” to launch a master’s program in outsourcing.
- Big Tech Talent
Bulgarian IT talent pool counts over 24,000 tech specialists with a high level of education, technological knowledge, and great experience in cooperation with foreign companies. These factors make outsourcing to Bulgaria sector one the most attractive for several reasons: convenient geographical location, strong work ethic, and membership in the EU (which comes with legal transparency and sound economics).
- Good English Proficiency
According to national statistics, there are 220 high schools that offer Information and communications technology education combined with professional English language courses. As a result, more than 70% of Bulgarian software developers are familiar with English. Furthermore, technical academies work closely with foreign and Bulgarian IT services companies to provide quality internships or first workplaces for graduates. These parameters indicate that Bulgaria can deliver on its promise of an agile, highly-skilled, and qualified IT workforce which makes outsourcing to Bulgaria quite attractive among other countries.
- Communication Issues
However the high English proficiency among Bulgarian IT specialists, there is still a risk of having language issues and misunderstanding. For example, it could happen due to cultural differences, time-zone differences which are relatively high with the US.
- Onboarding an Augmented Team
Onboarding an augmented team can be challenging and time-consuming. However, consider contacting a talent sourcing vendor like Qubit Labs to deal with that issue. Our practical experience in sourcing the requested candidates and deep understanding of the destinations’ market make scaling an in-house team with remote developers more accessible and efficient.
As you can see there are far more advantages of outsourcing to Bulgaria than its weakness which deservedly make it one of the tech-centers of all Europe.
Software Developer Salary in Bulgaria
Affordable rates and reasonable salaries are another attractive factor for foreign companies to hire software developers there. It ranges from $800 to $3000 per month. Let’s have a closer look at Bulgaria software developer salary based on technology and level of experience:
|Ruby on Rails||$1300||$2100||$3000|
- Average software developer salary Bulgaria in ASP. NET technology ranges from $800 to $1500 per month.
- The entry-level C# developer in Bulgaria earns around $900 monthly while a mid-level programmer would ask for $1300. The senior coder earns approximately $2000 monthly.
- C++ junior software developer earns $1000 on average. The middle programmer on the same technology would ask for $1500 for his work, and the senior C++ developer earns around $2500.
- DevOps developer salary ranges from $800 for entry-level to $1980 for senior level.
- Average Bulgaria developer salary in Java technology will be from $1300 to $2700 per month.
- Mobile developers’ salary in Bulgaria starts from $900 per month and goes up to $1760 on average.
- Node.js junior coder earns approximately $1000 for his work, the middle-level developer on the same technology gets around $1350 while senior-level programmer earns $2000 monthly.
- Software developer salary Bulgaria in PHP technology ranges from $900 up to $2000 per month.
- Python developer salary for junior level goes from $1100 per month, for middle-level programmer the average salary is $1550 per month and senior Python developer earns around $2800 per month.
- QA Automation coder in Bulgaria earns from $950 to $2000 per month of his work.
- QA Manual developer salary ranges from $1000 to $2400 monthly.
- Angular software engineer in Bulgaria makes around $1450 on average.
- Entry-level React software developer salary Bulgaria starts from $1000 while mid-level developer earns approximately $1400 and senior will ask about $2100 per month for his job.
- Rubi on Rails developer salary in Bulgaria starts from $1300 and can go up to $3000 depending on level of experience.
- Salesforce junior software engineer earns $800 on average, while a mid-level programmer can get $1100 and a senior software developer earns around $1900 monthly.
- Average developer salary on Scala technology ranges from $850 per month to $1835 monthly.
- UI/UX junior developer gets around $1000 per month while mid-level programmer $1200 and a senior developer earns $2500 monthly.
- The average software engineer salary in Unity technology ranges from $1400 to $3000 based on experience.
Outsourcing Companies in Bulgaria
Bulgaria counts more than 400 IT companies which are very-well experienced with foreign companies. The biggest IT hubs in Bulgaria namely Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas. Software outsourcing Bulgaria is a process that provides you with the best driven and motivated software developers who definitely match your business.
Let’s have a look at the most popular outsourcing companies in Bulgaria.
Provides the best service for its clients since 1998. It is an award-winning software outsourcing company with more than 20-year experience in developing custom high-tech solutions for leading companies in technology, media, telecommunications, and defense industry.
- CodeCoda Ltd
CodeCoda is an innovative global IT and BPO services, solutions and provider, in one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. They were found to provide a stable way of working for their clients and being true to their understanding about true customer dedication and technical excellence.
IT services company focused on customer success and satisfaction. They use an amazing combination of strong and experienced R&D management and top European technical talents.We bring offshore development cost to a local team experience.
- Crazy Web Studio
It is a web development company which is focused on presentation and to promote your business on the web and to find the best approach for this individual. Crazy Web Studio has projects in different fields and areas, customers with different needs, but always work in one direction – to provide the best service for its clients.
Outsourcing to Bulgaria With Qubit Labs: Get the Best Experience With Us
Software outsourcing to Bulgaria gives you an unlimited opportunity to find software engineers from a prospective location with many benefits. If you still have any doubts or don’t know where to start – Qubit Labs will happily help you.
Qubit Labs is an offshore team hiring services provider that makes building dedicated teams easy and risk-free. With us, you can scale your team by hiring vetted developers in Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Georgia. You’ll focus on core business goals while we handle the back-office hassle.