What is the Average .NET Developer Salary in the World?
The average .NET developer salary in the US varies between $71,911 and $105,005. In Canada, it reaches $87,500, in Australia — $88,346, and in Western Europe — around $80,000.
If you need to hire .NET developers for your project, why not consider cooperating with remote Ukrainian developers instead?
A mid-level .NET developer in Ukraine earns around $31,200 per year, which is a significantly more affordable price. Ukraine’s development talent pool includes over 212,000 highly-qualified IT specialists, and the local tech market grows in leaps and bounds.
Qubit Labs is here to give you a more in-depth look at NET developer salaries all over the world and provide some insights on hiring .NET programmers.
Quick Facts about .NET
.NET is Microsoft’s framework that provides language interoperability. The companies using .NET come from various industries, from financial and commercial to scientific and social.
The developers skilled in different programming languages can create a collaborative product that fits a specific .NET platform. The elements of this product, based on several programming languages, will easily interact with each other, avoiding the challenges. This is the reason why the .NET community is so diverse; it brings together developers who use different programming languages.
The variety of software products created with .NET can be grouped as follows:
- Web development
- Client applications
- Game development
- Internet of Things (IoT)
.NET allows finding out about new architectural solutions. Also, it’s one of the best embodiments of the DRY rule (“Don’t repeat yourself” — one of the main programming principles) in action.
What is .NET Developer Salary in the USA (Annual)?
We have analyzed several sources to understand the average salary for NET developers in the US. However, they all provide different numbers because the location factor plays a significant role.
That’s why we’ve decided to look at the numbers offered by the most popular websites with salary data and then emphasize some advanced IT hubs in the US.
To get us started, the highest .NET salary in the USA is in St. Louis, as per Indeed. The city offers $108,696 per year to mid-level NET developers. New York takes second place in the list, with an average salary of $108,111, and Charlotte follows it, offering $104,919 per year to mid-level .NET developers. Atlanta concludes the top 10 list with the average developer salary of $91,042 per annum.
If we take a look at PayScale’s research, it suggests that the average .NET developer salary in the USA is around $71,911 per year. Meanwhile, entry-level specialists earn $49,000, and the most experienced ones — $103,000 per annum.
Another source we used in our article was ZipRecruiter, which concluded that the mid-level .NET salary in the USA is $93,076. At the same time, it suggests that junior NET specialists earn $43,000 and senior-level developers — $164,000.
Finally, Talent.com mentions that the average salary for a NET developer in the US is $105,021. The website also notes that entry-level positions start at $87,750 per year, and the most experienced programmers earn up to $132,505 per annum.
As previously mentioned, NET developer salaries depend on the location, so it’s hard to come up with a specific average number that will apply to the whole country. So, here’s a breakdown by cities:
- In San Francisco, the average salary for the NET developer is $118,632 per year
- In Los Angeles, NET developer salaries vary from $95,959 to $116,997 per annum
- New York pays the average .NET developer salary of $107,694 annually
- The average .NET salary in the USA, namely in Washington, is $107,248
- In Austin, junior .NET developer salary is between $60k – $70k, and mid-level specialists earn $104,655 per year
- Chicago average NET developer salary $98,740
- Boston NET developer average salary $96,631
- Nashville average salary for a NET developer is $96,035
- Seattle average salary .NET developer $93,773
- Denver .NET developer salary in USA $91,393
The Average Salary for .NET Developer in Canada
Canada is an advanced tech hub with rapidly emerging unicorn companies. As per Talent.com, the average .NET developer salary in Canada is $87,500, varying between $72,791 and $122,969 per year.
Now, let’s take a look at the salaries breakdown by experience level (based on data from multiple sources):
|Junior .NET Developer||$42,179|
|Middle .NET Developer||$70,299|
|Senior .NET Developer||$113,164|
- In Canada, junior NET developer salary reaches $42,179 per year
- The average NET programmer salary in Canada is $70,299
- Canada pays senior NET full stack developer salary of $113,164 per annum
What are .Net Developer Salaries in Australia?
|Junior .NET Developer||$58,751|
|Middle .NET Developer||$88,346|
|Senior .NET Developer||$95,708|
- In Australia, junior .NET developer salary is around $58,751 per annum
- The average .NET programmer salary in Australia reaches $88,346
- Senior NET developer salary in Australia is $95,708 per year
As mentioned by Indeed, the highest paying city in Australia for .NET developers is Canberra, which offers local specialists $169,438 per year. Adelaide concludes the top 10 list with the average .NET developer salary of $99,72 per annum.
What is the Average .Net Developer Salary in Europe (Annual)?
Depending on the city, the average salary for a NET developer in Europe (Western, in this case) is equal to the numbers offered by the US, Canada, and Australia. However, software development in these locations might be costly for some companies, so Eastern Europe is the best alternative. It offers high-quality services at affordable prices, compared to other parts of the region.
- In Switzerland, the average salary for the NET developer is $117,308 per annum
- In the UK, the average NET developer salaries reach around $72,671 per year
- Germany pays the average .NET developer salary of $71,390 per annum
- In Luxembourg, the average NET developer salary is $57,420 yearly
- In the Netherlands, the average salary .NET developer is around $49,886
- Czech Republic pays the average NET developer salary of $41,532 per annum
- In Poland, NET developer average salary reaches around $29,984 per year
- The average salary .NET developer in Romania is around $28,924 annually
- In Ukraine, the average salary for the NET developer is $31,200 per annum, while NET full stack developer salary reaches around $36,000
- In Denmark, the average NET programmer salary is $75,415
- Norway pays around $66,095 to mid-level NET programmers
- In Finland, the average .NET developer salary is $49,281
- Estonia pays the NET developer average salary of $35,904 per year
- In Spain, the average NET developer salary is around $34,552
- Italy pays the .NET programmer salary of $33,997 on average
- In Croatia, NET developer average salary reaches $30,249 per year
- Bulgaria pays the average NET developer salary of $29,873 per annum
The Average Net developer salary in Asia (Annual)
- In Singapore, the average NET developer salaries reach around $49,647 per year
- The Philippines pay NET developer salary of $10,780 on average per annum
- In India, the annual salary for the NET developer is $8,916 on average
- Indonesia pays the NET developer average salary of $7,991 annually
Hire .NET Developers in Ukraine with Qubit Labs
Qubit Labs is a Ukrainian offshore software development company with significant experience in the market. We help companies worldwide set up effective dedicated teams fast, simply, and efficiently.
We are based in one of the advanced tech hubs in Ukraine, and you can reach out to us at any convenient time. We’ll discuss your project requirements during the free consultation call and set you up with skilled Ukrainian developers.
Contact us today to get the best offer.