Cyber Security Specialist Salary Worldwide: Guide by Qubit Labs
Making sure your company is protected from any cybersecurity attacks, and threats is the top priority. To deal with these issues, you need an expert with deep knowledge of information systems and successfully monitoring and detecting security risks. This job goes to cyber security engineers. Let’s find out more about their responsibilities.
Cyber Security Specialist Role
Cyber security specialists have become increasingly demanded in the IT sector as they are responsible for all security issues. Such specialists play a key role in securing information systems. They protect systems from cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities by monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing, and responding to security events.
They are responsible for protecting the business’s network and data integrity. Traditionally, network operations and IT technology supplemented the core business. But a business’s success increasingly relies on its network’s success and capability.
Cyber security specialists are in demand with a continued growth projection and a full salary. This profession will continue to evolve as technology advances and as new security concerns continue to develop. In this article, you will find how much cyber security specialists earn worldwide to understand how yearly income ranges in different countries.
Cyber Security Salary in USA
Based on the popular salary resources and calculators, we have prepared a list of salaries of cyber security engineers in the USA. You can find a range of yearly incomes based on experience level in the list.
- Cyber security salary in Florida for entry-level specialists will be around $85,000 annually while more experienced coders can count on $110,000. If you are a specialist in this field with 7-10 years of experience, your average salary can be $165,755 yearly.
- The average cyber security salary in Georgia starts from $75,300 for beginners, while mid-level developers get $98,000 and Seniors around $113,875
- Entry level cyber security salary in New York is around $96,525 while middle-level coder earns $132,308. Senior Cyber security developer in New York gets $169,000.
- The average cyber security salary in Texas starts from $89,100. Middle level expert charges $102,500 while senior level gets $142,300.
- Cyber security salary in California for junior level is $79,000 while middle-level specialists charge $111,150. Senior cyber security engineer salary will be $160,815.
- Annual cyber security salary in New Jersey goes from $75,000, while a middle-level expert gets approximately $111,000. As for the senior level, their salary can go up to $150,000 annually.
- Cyber security salary in Virginia starts from $90,000 and can go up to $138,655 based on experience.
- The average cyber security salary in North Carolina goes from $76,325, while a mid-level developer’s salary is $100,665. Senior-level developers charge $140,000 yearly.
- Cyber security salary in Ohio starts from $87,000 for entry-level and can go up to $154,287 annually.
- On average, cyber security salary in Michigan is $79,868 for entry-level developers. For more experienced professionals, this number can increase to $167,400
- Cyber security salary in Illinois for entry-level is approximately $84,945 while mid-level coder earns $105,322 and senior expert charges $125,522
- Junior cyber security salary in Pennsylvania starts from $112,444 and grows into $160,000 for more experienced developers.
- Cyber security salary in Arizona is about $82,742 for beginners. Mid-level developers get $106,568, and senior level charge $154,711
- Cyber security salary in Washington usually starts from $92,000, but if you are an experienced professional, you can charge up to $145,000 per year.
Cyber Security Salary Worldwide
We have chosen the most popular and fast-growing IT destinations from every bit of the world. All countries have different income taxes, cost of living, level of education, and number of software developers. Let’s examine how much each country’s cyber security engineers with different experiences earn.
- The average cyber security salary in Canada for entry-level specialists will be around $75,000, while annual middle cyber security engineer salary starts from $92,096. Senior developer earns around $120,000.
- Cyber security expert salary in India will be approximately $7,500 yearly. As for the middle-level developer, the average salary will be $10,000, and for seniors, it is $14,000 yearly.
- Annual cyber security salary in Australia starts from $101,110, while a mid-level coder gets $121,591. As a senior cyber security engineer salary, it can go up to $160,000.
- Cyber security salary in Philippines starts from $42,120 and can go up to $18,700
- Cyber security salary in Kenya ranges from $8,247 for entry-level and $18,981 for more experienced experts.
- Cyber security salary in Singapore for the junior level developer is around $42,120 while a mid-level worker receives around $50,500. Experienced Cyber security developers earn $70,000.
- Cyber security salary in UK ranges from $43,200 to $67,000.
- The average cyber security salary in Germany for entry-level experts starts from $45,000. If you are a mid-level coder, your salary will be approximately $58,544; for seniors, it is $69,000.
- Cyber security salary in Japan starts from $42,700 for entry-level programmers. Middle-level coders receive around $52,000 and senior level specialists get $61,233.
- Entry level cyber security engineer salary in Ukraine varies from $13,500. If you are a middle-level coder, you can get $19,000, and more experienced developers get $23,853.
- In Poland, the average salary starts from $25,700. Middle cyber security engineer salary is approximately $33,373 and senior’s is $45,153
- Georgia offers $15,000 for entry-level experts and mid-level receive $18,500. More experienced professionals can get $23,000.
- In Bulgaria, junior Cyber security specialists get $17,300, while middle-level coders earn $20,000 yearly. Senior-level specialists earn $24,000.
- Moldova offers from $5,000 to $12,000 based on experience level.
- In Romania cyber security salaries range from $10,000 for entry-level and can go up to $17,566.
- Entry level cyber security engineer salary in Kazakhstan is about $10,506 per year. Middle-level and senior numbers range from $12,644 and $18,864 annually.
- In Azerbaijan, the salary for Cyber security developers ranges from $11,244 to $19,655 annually.
Average Cyber Security Engineer Salary
We have calculated the average number of cyber security engineer salaries based on experience level, so you can see how much this specialist earns a year.
Southern and Central Asia
As you can see, the yearly income for such narrow-profile specialists is quite high, and the salary will grow significantly. The USA and some countries of Western Europe like Germany and the UK are among the most expensive countries for hiring IT specialists. So if your company requires a highly-skilled cyber security engineer who won’t break your budget, we recommend paying attention to more affordable destinations in Eastern Europe or Asia. Moreover, if you want to hire IT experts that fit your requirement and budget – start a successful cooperation with an outstaffing company like Qubit Labs.
To Sum Up
Cyber security engineer is a crucial specialist in every company to cover all security issues. However, as narrow-profiled specialists getting such employees will be pricey. However, if you choose countries with affordable rates, you can get cyber security engineers twice as cheap as in the US or Western Europe.
If you are curious to know more, message Qubit Labs. Our outstaffing company hires software engineers with skills and experience in fast-growing and affordable IT hubs.