What are the main advantages of IT outstaffing?
What is outstaffing?
Both outstaffing and outsourcing are relatively new terms that define hiring practices in many business branches, including IT. They both have their advantages, but since they haven’t been around that long, they get confused quite a lot. Yes, both have to do with remote work, but isn’t that what all IT work is about nowadays? Qubit Labs is living proof!
How is it different from outsourcing?
So what exactly is outstaffing? Does it have any main advantages as opposed to outsourcing? When a task is being outsourced, the assigned company is fully responsible for the entire project it agreed to deliver on. It means that paying the employees, as well as the quality of work are entirely the responsibility of the outsourcing provider. With outstaffing, it is slightly different. An outstaffing supplier only carries the responsibility for the qualified personnel that they provide. In conclusion, we might say that outsourcing refers to overall support of a project in its complexity, while outstaffing is about hiring individuals. So, as you see, being quite different, both IT outsourcing and outstaffing have their main advantages and disadvantages worth seeing into.
Let’s see about those advantages of IT outstaffing!
Before making any decision that may change the course of one’s business, any entrepreneur naturally wants to ensure the decision to be made is carefully thought through, and all the pros and cons have been considered.
First in line are the advantages that one wants to explore. IT outstaffing offers the following perks, to name a few:
- You hire a vetted professional without dealing with the hassle of paying overhead benefits, taxes insurance, legal responsibilities, etc.
- You can be totally flexible when it comes to increasing or decreasing the number of dedicated specialists you hire for your projects.
- Outstaffing provides a safe and efficient way to identify professionals and guide their activities according to the demands of a particular project.
- You can reduce expenses for personnel.
- Company value can be increased by increasing the index of income per one staff employee of your company.
- You have full flexibility in development.
- Unlike outsourcing, outstaffing allows you to manage employees directly and gather team meetings any time you need.
Of course, the list of advantages can go on, as every single case has its peculiarities. If you need a little more convincing, try heading over to the Qubit Labs blog for inspiration. Beware, though; there might be some little disadvantages to IT outstaffing, like communication difficulties due to employees working remotely, or even overseas. But it’s nothing Qubit Labs can’t handle!
Advantages of outstaffing put to good use
It is clear that making any big decision is difficult. Sometimes the answer lies on the surface, and sometimes you have to think long and hard and weigh all the options. But if the main advantages of IT outstaffing convinced you, and you are 100% sure that this is what your business needs right now, go for it! If this is a new practice for you and your business, and you are not sure how to handle it, let professionals like Qubit Labs help you find your way. If you already have experience with outstaffing, let us explore new options together. Who knows, maybe trying something new will help your business succeed the way it deserves.