Should I Outsource Web Development?
In-House vs Outsourcing
No matter, if it’s a startup you own or a large business, you must have faced this choice at least once. The concept of outsourcing any kind of business is a decades-long tradition that dates back to 1970s and 1980s, when competition became more global, and businessmen all over the world learned to make use of that. And you should too! Of course, it’s all about your priorities and requirements. But if you cannot make up your mind, we will help you make this decision. Let’s talk about the advantages of outsourcing web development first.
Why Should I Outsource Web Development?
Let’s not waste time and go straight to the list of the benefits of outsourcing web development.
Saving time. Outsourcing web development means avoiding all the headaches connected with managing in-house staff, teaching newbies, etc. And you and your in-house specialists can devote more time to your core activities.
Moreover, forget about time and costs wasted on recruiting: there will be no need looking for and hiring QAs, PMs, etc. A good software house has all the necessary people in one place. It’s a great advantage when it comes to testing: outsourced testers will take a fresh and objective look at the product, as opposed to specialists who have participated in the development.
Optimizing labor costs:
- Outsourcing turns permanent costs into variable ones. You find an outsourcing partner specially for this particular project, and once the application or the complete website is finished, you can stop the partnership. Note that hiring and terminating employees will be much easier, as the client has no Labor Code obligations towards the developers.
- Whether it’s nearshoring or offshoring, every type of outsourcing is financially attractive because of different labor costs in various countries. And you save even more on taxes, since you don’t have to pay any taxes on the developer’s wages. In any case, you will find a solution that will fit your budget.
Better expertise of the outsourcing partner. Companies with vast expertise in outsourcing web development, Qubit Labs being one of them, know the trends and will help you create the best product. Especially, if you’re new to IT, and you want to create a high-quality project that will open many doors, outsourcing the task to an experienced team of professionals will help you avoid risks and, as said above, save costs. Don’t waste your time learning what’s “in” in the tech world; there are people who already know and would be able to help you in a productive fashion. Which is also a good thing for a startup.
Decrease workload. If your company is not very big, and your IT-department doesn’t specialize in web development, web outsourcing would be the solution for you, especially if you want to keep your website’s existing complex functionality. It’s pretty clear, that if developing and maintaining websites aren’t part of the core capability of the organization, it could be a huge burden on the IT-staff to get it right.
Of course, you have to be aware of some risks involved with outsourcing web development. If you don’t do your homework right, you may end up with a company that doesn’t have enough experience. Make sure you can properly control the team’s work, otherwise the project may go sideways. A good idea is to educate yourself about the potential hidden costs of the project, so you don’t spend more money than you could have saved through outsourcing. Some communication problems may arise too, but not with our company, as we have the deepest respect for our clients.
Our tips for outsourcing web development
And last, but not least, let us give you some tips before you make your final decision. If you want some more detailed advice, try this article. But at this time, have a short list of those we find the most important:
- The outsourcing team may have different coding standards. If you have an in-house IT-team, sync them for better results!
- The outsourcing team you chose may be really good, but do they have a solution to your particular problem? Be sure to pick the right partner.
- If you’re afraid that time differences may interfere with work, try nearshore outsourcing.
- Or better yet, get the professionals of Qubit Labs to find the ultimate match for you and the project you want to outsource!