Salesforce Developer Salary in the World [Guide 2021]
Salesforce is a sought-after cloud-based CRM, which has rapidly taken the leading position on the market of CRM systems. It is currently used by thousands of companies, including Sony, Financial Times, Cisco, and Toyota, to name a few. Apart from being a simple CRM system, Salesforce allows creating and deploying various solutions, automating business processes, and integrating with third-party apps.
Some of the main advantages of Salesforce include:
- it’s easy to get started
- multi-tenant platform
- training organization opportunities
- AppExchange feature
- the opportunity for integration with other systems
- ready-made solutions
- large Salesforce communities
Salesforce helps companies make money and save it, by cutting off unnecessary expenses, like purchasing servers or hiring system administrators. So, it’s no wonder that Salesforce is a popular platform in different regions.
The demand for Salesforce developers is constantly rising, encouraging professionals to pay attention to this technology and offer their services to the companies.
That’s why we, at Qubit Labs, have decided to do research on Salesforce developer salaries around the world and share our findings with you.
Salesforce Developer Salary in USA
As per Indeed, the average Salesforce certified developer salary in the US is $115,451, while Talent.com came up with a slightly different number — $120,000, and Glassdoor mentions that the programmers specializing in the said technology earn $103,032 per year.
Meanwhile, at PayScale, this number is lower, namely $85,829 per annum.
Here is a detailed breakdown provided by the website to understand the average salary Salesforce developer in the US:
Nevertheless, the average numbers differ depending on the source because each state and city has its own level of technology development. That’s why we have decided to choose some of the most advanced US tech hubs and take a closer look at the Salesforce developer average salary in these locations:
- Atlanta offers the average Salesforce certified developer salary of $105,534 per year, while the most experienced programmers earn $114,038
- In Austin, an entry-level Salesforce specialist is paid $49,360, a mid-level — $109,616, and senior Salesforce developer salary in the city is $142,442 per year
- Boston pays the average salary Salesforce developer of $121,974, while junior specialists earn $54,925 and senior — $129,245
- The average Salesforce developer salary Chicago is $115,584. Meanwhile, junior programmers make $52,048 per year and senior — $138,505
- Colorado pays the Salesforce senior developer salary of $111,266, while the average specialist earns $112,969 and a junior — $50,870
- In Dallas, the mid-level Salesforce developer earns $112,969 per annum, while entry-level specialists earn $50,870, and the most experienced ones are paid $124,972
- The average Salesforce developer salary Los Angeles reaches $119,549, being $53,833 for junior programmers and $157,031 for senior specialists
- The mid-level Salesforce developer salary NYC is $123,846 per annum
- In San Francisco, there is the highest average Salesforce developer salary California, namely $132,181 per year
- Washington pays senior Salesforce developer salary of $132,555 yearly, while mid-level programmers earn $121,819, and junior specialists — $87,905
Also, Indeed provides the following comparison table of the highest paying cities in the US for Salesforce developers:
As you can see, these include McLean ($130,002), Boston ($122,003), Los Angeles ($120,957), Houston ($115,497), New York ($115,010), Charlotte ($112,263), Atlanta ($101,458), and Dallas ($101,375).
What is Salesforce Developer Average Salary in Europe?
- In the UK, the average salary Salesforce developer is $82,551, while junior developers earn $47,553 and senior — $108,693
- In Germany, the senior Salesforce developer salary reaches $87,830 per annum. At the same time, local mid-level specialists earn $67,179, and junior programmers make $52,004 per annum
- Denmark pays the average Salesforce certified developer salary of $62,814 yearly
- In Sweden, the entry level Salesforce developer salary is $48,627 and mid-level — $50,412, while senior developers earn $56,845
- Finland pays junior Salesforce developer salary of $47,383, and the average programmers make $49,695, while their most experienced colleagues are paid $55,473 per year
- Austria pays $58,785 to mid-level Salesforce developers
- In Estonia, Salesforce developer salaries start from $40,108 for juniors and reach the Salesforce senior developer salary of $53,699 annually
- In Switzerland, the average SR Salesforce developer salary is $113,201
- In Ukraine, the average Salesforce developer salary is $28,803, while junior programmers earn $18,089 and senior-level — $48,953
As per Talent.com, the breakdown of the average salary Salesforce developer in the UK is the following:
Pointing out the highest paying cities in the UK for Salesforce developers, we can highlight some specific numbers for mid-level specialists:
Oxford offers the highest Salesforce developer salary in the UK, namely $91,303 per annum. The average Salesforce specialist in London earns $88,179, and in Leeds — $86,305. As for the Salesforce developer average salary, it is on the same level in Nottingham and Reading, $82,754 and $80,656, respectively.
The Average Salary Salesforce Developer in Australia
- The highest Salesforce developer salary Australia is in Sydney, being around $54,558 for junior specialist, $87,294 for a mid-level programmer, and $118,647 for a senior developer
- In Melbourne, the average Salesforce developer salary is $87,063
- In Perth, an entry level Salesforce developer salary is $50,994, and senior specialists earn $108,871
- Brisbane pays the average Salesforce senior developer salary of $101,843 per annum
Here is the Salesforce developer salary Australia detailed breakdown by PayScale:
What is the Average Salesforce Developer Salary in Canada?
- In Toronto, the entry level Salesforce developer salary is $67,589, rising to $88,910 for mid-level specialist and to $132,099 for a senior programmer
- In Vancouver, junior Salesforce developer salary reaches $73,998, while senior-level programmer make $130,857
- Ottawa pays the average salary Salesforce developer of $85,865
- In Montreal, the Salesforce developer average salary is $89,435
The highest Salesforce senior developer salary is in Toronto and the lowest — in Montreal. However, when comparing junior and mid-level developer salaries in these cities, Montreal offers higher wages.
As per Talent.com. the average Salesforce developer salary is $87,453, ranging between $65,556 and $117,913:
The Salesforce Developer Average Salary in Asia
- The average Salesforce developer salary India is $7,021, while junior programmers earn $3,309 and senior — $15,913 per annum
- The Salesforce developer salary in Singapore for a mid-level specialist is $48,568. Meanwhile, local junior programmers make $35,322 and senior — $96,401
- In Vietnam, the average salary Salesforce developer is $21,018
- Thailand pays the average Salesforce developer salary of $20,489 per year
As mentioned by Indeed, the highest Salesforce developer salary in India is in Delhi — $15,290. In Mumbai ($14,680), Nolda ($13,724), and Bengaluru ($13,649), it’s on the same level. And the lowest salary for Salesforce developer in India based on the mentioned ranking is in Chennai — $13,563.
Salesforce development is gaining momentum, and some of the world’s leading companies have already adopted this technology to facilitate their performance.
Since the average Salesforce developer salary in the US is the highest, compared to other countries, many businesses consider outsourcing their development processes to foreign destinations.
If you’re considering this option or wonder if it will bring the desired results for your company, you can reach out to Qubit Labs to get a free consultation on the topic.