Our client is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others
- Cloud is predominantly AWS.
- Terraform for Infrastructure as Code
- Jenkins / Bitbucket Pipelines for CI / CD
- AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, SQS, Aurora RDS for Serverless Stack
- Monitoring stack: Prometheus, CloudWatch, Grafana etc.
2 DevOps engineers and a DevOps Lead
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- You will be a custodian of all production systems powering various products and service offering across Publishers, Ad Exchanges, Telcos and Financial Services. These products deliver the most relevant content and ads real-time;
- We run one of the largest AWS workload in Africa with hundreds of servers. Our ambition as a business provides you an opportunity to strategically influence the evolution of a world-class production platform, processes, methodologies, technologies and so much more;
- You will be involved in decision making and in rolling out the changes with your team;
- Your ability to adapt to a fast moving environment will be a key element to your and team’s success. Your technical background and autonomy will help you fit with in;
- Implementing and managing a CI/CD Pipeline.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- 3-5 years experience as a DevOps engineer;
- Knowledge of AWS services and extensive experience deploying dev, staging and production workloads;
- Hands on experience with container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes;
- Strong hands-on experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps is required;
- Experience in working on Linux production platform, running Web Services (NginX, Apache, etc);
- Demonstrated a strong knowledge of Linux System or Windows;
- Fundamentals (CentOS, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 12);
- Strong experience in scripting with one of the following languages: Python, Bash, etc.;
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers) as well as System Administration;
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems, including impact assessment;
- Experience in working with local and remote teams to resolve large scale production issues and escalation to the right level;
- Skills in identifying recurring issues to design and implement automatic response;
- Strong experience with either automation frameworks Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc) and/or monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, Graphite, Kibana, etc) or configuration management.
- Experience with performance monitoring/tuning;
- Experience working with large scale deployments in cloud or hybrid environments;
- Proficiency with incident management.
- 30-minute screening call with a recruiter;
- DevOps technical interview;
- Company’s culture call.
- To join only foreign product teams.
- To be fully involved in product development and implement your bits of knowledge and ideas.
- Competitive salary depends on your qualification + share options.
- Flexible schedule: 8 hours per day, usually we start working from 9 to 11 am.
- Full-time remote.
- Paid vacation (18 working days per year).
- Paid sick leaves (10 working days per year).
- Registering as a private entrepreneur.
- Health insurance.
- Educational compensation.
- Monthly delivery of delicious lunches and snacks.
Send your CV or contact us for more information!