Our client is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others.
As a Product Lead, a typical day might include the following:
- Define mid- and long-term strategy and roadmap for the project connected to overall company’s vision and strategy.
- Manage and lead an empowered team that is passionate about product success and efficient in delivering end-user value.
- Build a product development process that fosters innovation for the project products.
- Determine timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management and engineering departments.
- Identify and determine features for target personas and clients as well as target metrics and goals for various aspects of our platform usability.
- Lead the team responsible for creating compelling stories to the market about product improvements.
- Oversee the launching process for new products, press releases and PR for all project products.
- Take part in presentations and speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences.
- Monitor the insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunity areas and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data.
- Updating on digital best practices in accessibility, usability, requirement writing, agile development, software product management, web analytics and product lifecycle management.
- Bring proven knowledge of industry best practices in product development that translates into appropriate steps and good market positioning.
- Diagnose complex issues and evaluates, recommends, and executes the best resolution.
- Evaluates proposed features and enhancements from the perspective of the digital user experience and makes decisions in the best interest of the consumer.
- Responsible for the development and communication of product strategies dependent on new services/features to drive financial results.
- Provide a data-centric perspective, using data as the basis and drive for priority and measurements of success.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A first degree in any discipline preferably in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- Relevant professional certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Product Manager with a minimum of 1 year as a Senior Product Manager.
- Experience leading a product team and ability to adapt fast to a new environment.
- Strong critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving abilities in a professional setting.
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and promoting AGILE methodologies.
- Good understanding of the martech and adtech industry is desired but not compulsory.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of product management and digital technology solutions.
- Ability to influence large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results.
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently.
- To join only foreign product teams.
- To be fully involved in product development and implement your bits of knowledge and ideas.
- Competitive salary depends on your qualification + share options.
- Flexible schedule: 8 hours per day, usually we start working from 9 to 11 am.
- Full-time remote.
- Paid vacation (18 working days per year).
- Paid sick leaves (10 working days per year).
- Registering as a private entrepreneur.
- Health insurance.
- Educational compensation.
- Monthly delivery of delicious lunches and snacks.
Send your CV or contact us for more information!