Magento Developer Salary: How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Magento Developer in 2021
It’s often when the online store owners need help from developers to change something about their shops. Meanwhile, they require experienced specialists to keep their E-commerce sites running. However, it might take a considerable time to find a Magento developer. That’s why Qubit Labs has decided to share our experience in hiring such specialists and pay special attention to Magento developers salary.
What is Magento?
CMS Magento is one of the most popular E-commerce engines. With it, the users can create large online shops with a handful of various additional functions. It is built on PHP and MySQL and has an open-source code, meaning that it can be adjusted and tailored to one’s needs at any time. Nowadays, it belongs to Adobe.
Magento is currently used by 0,8% of companies worldwide to power their websites and has 1,1% of the market share. It is the ninth popular CMS system in the world. Although it might not sound impressive at first glance, keep in mind that there is a list of fifty-seven similar systems, and Magento has managed to make it to the top 10. The platform is up against WordPress, which has been on the market for quite a long time, so it’s challenging to outdo it.
Is Magento sought-after?
Around 250,000 clients opt for this platform to solve their business challenges. The platform has more than 5,000 plugins, so you can easily customize your online store and attract clients with novel functions. Some of the biggest brands have chosen Magento as their CMS; these include:
- Coca Cola
- Fox Connect
- Liverpool FC
- Land Rover
- Christian Louboutin
Magento helps to handle heavy traffic and ensure smooth site performance for users from all over the world.
What are Magento advantages?
You might have heard about other CMSs, like Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce, because you can easily use them on your own, without the need to hire developers. Meanwhile, these platforms aren’t great in the long run if you want to promote and expand your online shop. You need a more professional and personalized solution in this case.
When opting for Magento, you get access to a large pool of talented developers and a constantly evolving professional ecosystem. We won’t dive into the platform’s functions because one can build an online store with this engine. Yet, we can emphasize its immense built-in functional abilities, scalability, and extensibility.
We have already mentioned that Magento has an open-source code, but let’s take a closer look at what it actually means. Such a feature enables your team of developers to change the website’s look and functions depending on your requirements.
Also, it’s convenient to change the prices because you can temporarily lower the cost of goods or set up a discount or bonus system. Besides, Magento has an in-built system of items’ evaluation and reviews, and the users appreciate it because they base their choice on other customers’ comments.
Since this platform is rather complicated for understanding, you might consider hiring experienced developers. So, check out the Magento developers salary to figure out what to expect when setting up an E-commerce website based on this platform.
What is the Average Magento Engineer Salary by Region and Expertise?
|Magento Certified Developer||Magento Certified Frontend Developer||Magento Certified Backend Developer|
- In North America, a certified Magento developer is paid $72k-$120k per annum. Meanwhile, a local Magento certified frontend developer makes from $52k to $95k on average. Speaking of a Magento certified backend developer, such a specialist has the highest salary in the region, which varies from $76k to $130k per year.
- South America pays the average Magento engineer salary of $20,000-$55,000. Full-stack engineer front-end salary Magento in the region ranges from $10,000 to 45,000. At the same time, Magento backend specialists receive a salary of $30,000-65,000 per annum.
- In Asia, the average Magento salary security engineer varies from $13,000 to 45,000. Fronted Magento salary is around $10,000 to 55,000, while the middle-level backend Magento developers in Asia are paid from $27,000 to $54,000 annually.
- Europe pays an equal salary of $35,000 to $83,000 to both a Magento designer and developer. Notably, the average wage of Magento developers UK is $42,000-$70,000 per year. As for frontend Magento salary in Europe, it ranges from $35,000 to $98,000, and backend — from $35,000 to $117,000.
We have also reviewed some of the most popular websites that analyze IT industry employees’ salaries to provide more comprehensive research on the topic.
According to Talent.com, the highest Magento developers salary in the US is in New York — $135,000 per year. Other states in this top-five list include New Jersey with the annual Magento salary of $130,000; Illinois pays $125,000 to Magento programmers; Georgia — $118,500 per annum; and California closing the list with the average Magento salary of $117,000 annually.
Indeed mentions that the average Magento salary in the US is $108,576 per year:
According to ZipRecruiter, there are other positions that offer payments similar to Magento developer salary, take a look:
- According to the website, Magento Architect’s annual salary is $143,379 and is around 22,8% higher than the average Senior-level Magento developer salary, which is $116,731.
- Magento developer remote wage is $107,301 per annum.
- The average Magento developer contract in the US is paid $104,941 on an annual basis.
- As for a Magento frontend developer, one’s salary is around $99,144 per year.
As you can see, Magento salary significantly depends on several factors, like the employee’s location, expertise with the platform, the knowledge of additional technologies, and specialization. If you want to receive high-quality development services yet not overpay for them just because the employee lives in an expensive state or country, opt for outsourcing.
This is a great possibility to tap into the global talent and not be limited by the expertise existing in your city of living. Some of the most attractive IT outsourcing hubs with reasonable Magento developers salary and high-quality products are Ukraine, the Philippines, Romania, Brazil, Poland, and India.
Magento is considered one of the fastest platforms for creating E-Commerce websites and offers the tools for developing online stores adapted under mobile devices. Since many clients prefer mobile shopping, this feature will help your product take the leading positions on the market. If you are wondering where to hire Magento developers, consider Ukraine as your number-one outsourcing destination.
Qubit Labs will readily help you find experienced developers and ensure the project is ready within the shortest possible deadlines and for a reasonable price. Drop us a line to discuss everything in detail. Also, feel free to check out our recent articles to stay informed about the emerging IT trends!